Sunday, August 28, 2011

The History of Karate

As part of my beginner karate curriculum, I want my students to get a basic understanding of where karate originated. It's safe to say that virtually all martial arts, originated from China thousands of years ago. Over history, different styles generally emerged from different individuals who ended up in other countries.

Karate was developed on a fairly small island known as Okinawa!


For purposes of a brief introduction to Karate, I am using an article from Wikipedia that you can access HERE.

Special note to my USC students:  remember, I have posted this article on Black Board and have highlighted the parts you will be quizzed on later in the semester!

We will cover the article in more detail in class!


Sensei Chris Feldt
Samurai Karate Studio
Columbia, SC 29229
803-462-9425
samuraikaratestudio@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment