Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Welcome To Beginner Karate


I would like to welcome you to Beginner Karate at the University of South Carolina!  My name is Sensei Chris Feldt and I will be your instructor.

I am the owner of Samurai Karate Studio, which offers a traditional style of Japanese Karate to both children and adults, beginning at age 4 and up.  My school is located a few miles from the Village of Sandhills in Richland Northeast Columbia.  It takes approximately 20 minutes to drive from USC to my school.  I have a passion for the martial arts and looks forward to sharing my knowledge with you.

I am excited that you have chosen this class and promise you will not only learn a lot about karate, but also how to defend yourself if ever assaulted.  Class lecture will cover many topics as it relates to self defense, as well as hands on experience learning specific techniques that will help you in an assault.

Philosophy

While grades are certainly important, my main focus during this semester is to help you get more fit and learn how to defend yourself.  Yes, this is a university course at a leading academic institution, so there are a couple of quizzes, skills tests, a paper and a final exam skills test.  However, with a little bit of effort, there is no reason why you can't get a good grade in this course.

The most important thing I will ask of you, is to bring a "level 10" of participation!  This means coming to class consistently, being on time, being an active participant in class discussion and practicing your karate techniques with enthusiasm and intensity, will result in a positive reward for your effort!

While I don't have an office on campus, you may contact me at anytime and we can meet before or after class.  If you need to reach me, I suggest you email me at samuraikaratestudio@gmail.com, as this is the email address that I have the best access to during the day or late evening.

Again, welcome to beginner karate and I look forward to helping you learn how to defend yourself.

Sensei Chris Feldt
Samurai Karate Studio
2000 Clemson Road
Suite # 9
Columbia, SC 29229
803-462-9425

No comments:

Post a Comment