Saturday, March 31, 2012

Paleo Lifestyle

I have been doing some research trying to focus on eating a healthier selection of food and limit my intake of sugar.  For me, this has been a herculean task, as I have been drinking soda since college and admitedly, I am addicted to it.

I also have been trying to limit my passion for fast food!  Another habit that started later in high school.

When I was growing up, I hardly ever ate any fast food, and I think my mom did a pretty good job of giving us a variety of fruits and vegtables.  However, as the years went on, I developed some really bad eating habits.

In doing my research, one of the interesting things I have come across is a paleo lifesty, which looks at how our ancestors historically ate and exercised and recommends a similar lifestyle and diet.

I recently came across this chart, which really does a nice job of explaining the thought process behind the "paleo craze"

There are many excellent books on paleo, I would recommend you start with The Paleo Solution.

Enjoy the chart!

Paleolithic Diet Explained

Learn more about the Paleo Diet.

Sensei Chris Feldt
Samurai Karate Studio
Columbia, SC 29229
803-462-9425
samuraikaratestudio@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment